B Ausweis tax claim

Hi everyone,

Someone told me today that I could be claiming tax back ! We all have a B Ausweis . Can anyone send me a link please?

Thanks in advance.

Tax back on what? Your taxes, shopping, ???

NachtraŐągliche Ordentliche Veranlagung. Be aware of the evil monkey paw. You might not get something back but have to pay more.
https://www.zh.ch/de/steuern-finanze…erkorrekt.html

Also, I believe that once a person switches to filing on their own, they can't go back to tax at source - even if it turns out that tax at source was cheaper?

Correct

But why? We filed tax declaration every year but we were still taxed at source until we got Permit C.

Not quite, being taxed at source and filing taxes are not mutually exclusive things. If you are taxed at source and you file taxes, you will have to file taxes every next year but you are still taxed at source.

Basically from the government perspective you can be:

- taxed at source without requirement to file taxes: "we don't trust you not to run away with the tax money, so we will take away some every month from your salary. We also think that the final tax liability is quite close to what we take, so if you agree - we are fine with calling it a day and consider tax liability settled"

- taxed at source with requirement to file taxes: "we don't trust you not to run away with the tax money, so we will take away some every month from your salary. Also, this is just a deposit - you have to compute the exact tax liability and pay the rest if needed, or get reimbursed"

- not taxed at source with requirement to file taxes: "we trust you: let's figure out next year how much taxes you owe and then you pay us"