Best selection of kids Halloween costumes in Zurich?

Any tips on where to find a good last minute selection of kids costumes in Zurich? I've never looked before.

Franz Carl Weber if you're feeling flush with money, otherwise bigger Coops and Migros have a selection.

Age of kid?

My suggestion, based on my childhood experience in the heartland of trick-or-treating and in-school costume competitions, and having 2 kids who are no longer the responsibility of my costume department, make one yourself.

There a store in Altstetten called ATOP - https://www.atop.ch/

They are my goto for last minute “I forgot” costumes

Not sure if you're up to the drive, but the Müller Toys in Konstanz has a huge collection both kids and adults and lots of accessories (hats, makeup, mustaches, etc). It's the one right in the old town, where you go down the escalator. Kanzleistraße 2-4, 78462

Good luck!!

My online suggestion would be Buttinette, but not sure if they can deliver in time.

Halloween? The retailers have been trying for years to import this US 'tradition'. It hasn't been successful at all. In fact the Coop at Signy has all the Halloween stuff at 50% off and we are still four days away.

Really? I've seen loads of kids in Geneva over the past few days disguised in halloween costumes so at least a few party-givers have 'imported' the idea.

Of course in Geneva the big excuse to dress up is in December when we celebrate the anniversary of routing of the Duchy of Savoy in 1602...... perhaps it's just being treated as a dress rehearsal?

Halloween? The retailers have been trying for years to import this US 'tradition'.

Nothing American about it in Scotland, it's a tradition that goes way back for us called guising. It's not like Trick or Treat either, you have to entertain people with a song, poem, dance, joke, magic trick or whatever to be rewarded with some sweeties or even a small amount of money.

In Scots dialect referring to someone as a guiser means they're a bit dishonest or fly

Räbelichtli originally comes from the UK too.

Should that be stopped here too?

Sadly it died out in the U.K.

They didn't have turnips in the U.S. so the first settlers could carry on the tradition but they had pumpkins so they carved those instead before putting a candle in them.

Kids love Halloween. Mine start talking about it in the summer holidays.

socal... There are kids costumes for sale on galaxus.ch and some of them have next day delivery. So if you ordered tomorrow, for example, it could arrive on Monday (Halloween is Tuesday).

If you happen to live anywhere near Greifensee, I do have a kid's zombie costume to give away. lol. It's probably the equivalent of a size 152 and no longer fits my 12-year old.

Halloween is based on an ancient Celtic tradition... which long predates the founding of America...

Christmas isn't a traditional Swiss thing either... should that be stopped?

Heck, New Year's was originally recorded in Mesopotamia... let's stop that too.

Point is - we take the things we like, and spread them and move them and adopt them.

I love how in my area, everyone who wants to participate has a little jack-o-lantern... the kids actually come trick-or-treating!

I'd like to apologise now for cultural appropriation as when I was about five, I had an American cowboy costume which I thought was really cool.

I realise now that it was not part of my culture, being British and it was wrong for me to wear it.

Actually, and here is where it gets funny... (yes, I know it was sarcastic; but it's a nice bit of history... one of the times that human history is about adoption and acceptance rather than death and destruction).

The stereotypical "cowboy" actually borrowed quite a bit from the Maremman Butteri (Tuscan cowboys basically).

So much so, that my cousins from Tuscany, still now, get "annoyed" when people ask why they ride with an American saddle. (for the uninitiated, the American, or Western, saddle is bigger, heavier, and has a "knob" on it to attach your lasso to versus the British saddle). The saddle is actually the historican tuscan saddle that the butteri brought with them to the "Wild West", and it got adopted there.

Also borrowed are the chaps (from Spain)

Cowboy hats? Mexico...

I think the only truly homegrown "American" part of the cowboy outfit was the revolver... then again, the Colt family, like the Skinners, both were British immigrants...

Rambling aside - it's wonderful that no matter how much we think something is "from" here or there, or "belongs" here or there, we are all a hodge-podge of cultures, races and civilizations if you look back far enough.