Cancelling a signed contract for buying a used car

I recently signed a contract with a dealership to purchase a Tesla Model X. During the test drive, I noticed a subtle vibration emanating from the front end of the vehicle. Upon informing the dealership, they attributed the vibration to the 22-inch tires and stated that switching to the standard 20-inch tires will resolve the issue. To reassure me of the car's integrity, they added an appendix to the contract stating that the seller would be responsible for a comprehensive inspection by Tesla service.

Subsequently, I conducted an online search for "Tesla shudder when accelerating" and discovered that this is, indeed, a common issue for Tesla Model X vehicles, and it is caused by internal damage to the front half-shafts. I contacted the dealership again to express my concerns and request a contract cancellation if the issue persists. However, their demeanor shifted drastically, and they threatened me with a 50% penalty of the car's value if I proceeded with the cancellation.

Given the circumstances, I seek advice on ensuring the vehicle's integrity. Can I rely on the Tesla service's comprehensive inspection to identify any significant issues? Furthermore, is there any recourse to compel the dealership to resolve the vibration issue or cancel the contract without incurring the hefty penalty?

Is the seller responsible for paying the cost of the inspection, or also covering any damage that the inspection might find?

That's the first question you need to ask by checking your contract. If they have to fix the car, then you get it fixed so you should not have an issue (the half-shafts would be replaced, or whatever the cause might be).

If they find nothing, then you insist on a warranty, if it's not already included in your contract.

The phrasing of covering the inspection is important and if not clear or explicit on what the cover is, then you might need to seek legal opinion on what would be expected and what is reasonable. That potentially is more expensive than the repair itself though, so if you don't have legal insurance (or if they don't cover the case), you might have to eat it.

Best of luck and keep us updated