Lidl sells 5Kg bags of massive potatoes specifically for baking.
They are very similar to a Maris Piper (developed at the now gone Plant Breeding Institute in Maris Lane, Trumpington).
They make the best roast potatoes too.
Lidl sells 5Kg bags of massive potatoes specifically for baking.
They are very similar to a Maris Piper (developed at the now gone Plant Breeding Institute in Maris Lane, Trumpington).
They make the best roast potatoes too.
Yes, we’ve tried those–ofenkartoffel–although they are OK, it’s just not quite it. And I’ve only seen them rarely. We’d have to enlist the entire neighbourhood to devour 5kg.
I knew one place, but it was in Schaffhausen.
There are a couple of restaurants in Neuchâtel which often have a jacket potato on their lunchtime menus.
A couple of the farms here have decent potatoes for making them but they don’t have them all year round.
Maris Piper: 15% to 16% starch
The variety of the ones I have are Jelly (I just checked the bag).
Jelly: 18% to 20% starch
You are in Austria I believe.
I doubt your Lidl imports its potatoes from Switzerland but I may be wrong so it’s possible they may be a different variety.
We get through a bag a week!
18-20%, depending on which source you look at:
Thanks for your suggestions,guys. Was missing it for ages. Prepared my version of Jacket Potatoes. Migrolinos gastation store Potatoes (as that was the only shop open today); Tuna, Green pepper & onions (sauteed in Olive oil), Cheddar & Gruyer, Butter, Sour cream, Salt & Pepper… Washed it down with couple of cans of Super Bock… Girlfriend loved it. Happy Sunday evening folks.![]()
We had baked potatoes too tonight.
share the pic (if you took one)… What was the filling?