Is it legal for non-EUs to work remotely for foreign employers w/o working permit?

Greetings,

As asked in the subject. Is it legal to do so?

I can stay in Switzerland with my student permit but it does not allow me to work more than 15hrs/w. So I'm thinking if I could work for foreign companies, say, a German company, remotely. As I will be living in Switzerland, I don't think it would be a problem in the 'foreign' country, and in my case, Germany. However, I have no idea if it will work for Swiss authorities. In addition, if it's legal, should I declare income and pay taxes in Switzerland or in Germany?

Best,

rabbull

No.

Tom

15 hours during the period of courses. you can work 100+% during vacations which are a significant amount of weeks per year.

You are here to study and are allowed to work 15 hours per week to support yourself. If you are working more than that then you are not here to study and you can expect they will pull your permit. You decide if your education is important.

If you are caught doing more than 15 h of work/week on top of your full-time studies (regardless of where in the world your employer is) your permit could very likely be pulled. As Jim2007 said, your permit is to study: you can top up your income with part-time work to a max of 15 h/week, but you do not have permission to work for more than that. And I don't suggest you try to attempt it under the radar.

Thanks guys, I get it now

i know a couple of people who got kicked out of switzerland for this. i was surprised because i didn't realise at the time that they were so strict about it (or that they took extensive measures to enforce it).