Pathetic Scam

Interesting update today:

Police bust global cyber gang accused of industrial-scale fraud
Police have taken down a gang accused of using a technology service that helped criminals use fraudulent text messages to steal from victims.

They have arrested 37 people worldwide and are contacting victims.

1 Like

Just got a call from “cantonal police department”. It was in broken German, but not Swiss German.

The guy said he will send a letter. Let’s see what comes by post.

I don’t understand this, did they tell you that they were sending it to the DC for no reason and they later delivered it to your door? Or they expecting you to go to the DC to pick it up?

Their m.o. for the non-international shippings is they send you an sms telling you’re expected to go somewhere else to pick up your package (problem is they don’t always choose their service points very carefully imo), even though you expected that delivery to your door. I can only assume it happened the same to bowlie.

Seenmy previous post. Pathetic Scam - #7 by Bowlie

Just got an email from a friend who has disclosed that she has inoperable cancer and needs a favour.

It turns out her email had been hacked. Bstrds

1 Like

I got an email today from SBB offering an automatic refund due to my overpayment, actually quite well written except the sender was not SBB.

I got this one too. Robotic voice informed me that it was the Swiss Police and that there was an international warrant out for my arrest!

1 Like

Been going for a while. Earlier versions last year were a real person, leading to ‘there’s a warrant for your arrest, your bank account will be frozen, transfer all your money to this safe place’. And passing the call to different departments, from bank to police to customs or whatever, all confirming each others’ stories.

Particularly nasty.

I assume you are writing from Brazil :wink:

1 Like

I just went to amazon.de to order something and in the top left corner that usually has my delivery address, there is Lebanon 66952. I was not able to change it.

I logged out and logged in again and I have my normal address

Weird stuff

Maybe change your password while you’re at it.

1 Like

And everywhere else you use the same password.

1 Like

password1234?

1 Like

Dang, now I need to change it, too!

2 Likes

Don’t be silly, I always use 4321

Thinking about it I believe that somehow Amazon logged me into someone else’s account

Some good news for a change … From WRS this morning.

(Fraudsters face charges after tip-off - WRS)

Quick thinking by an elderly man in canton Zurich has netted a group of fraudsters and police have recovered half a million francs in cash.
The man got a phone call, supposedly from the police, which said that some cash he recently deposited was fake and he needed to withdraw it and give it to an officer who would be visiting him shortly.
The 79-year-old agreed to the offer on the phone – but instead of taking out the cash, he told the police.
The tip off allowed officers in Zurich and canton Solothurn to make several arrests and recover a large amount of cash.
Four people three men and a woman aged between 24 and 43 are now in the hands of prosecutors.

4 Likes

received today the email from " ꕗսndеѕѕteսеr ⵊRS Ꮪсhwеiz" because they want to give me my overpaid tax back.
Unfortunately, their address is “street 43 bankong, bankong 234 Thailand”

1 Like

another variant

Ihr Paket D846526656 wurde an den Zoll gesendet. Passen Sie die Kosten an, um den Versand fortzusetzen: https://ww-trackingpackage.com

Whois reveals that the domain is registered in France. These scammers don’t even understand the basics about European cultures. Show me French business sending communication in English or German :rofl: