Basel: Indian Restaurants

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

We`ve been to Bayleaf a couple of times. Highly recommended in general, not only if youre looking for Indian, but whenever youre looking for excellent, tasty food.

I don’t often eat out in Basel these days, but did so at one point last year, went to a new (for me) restaurant called the Cardamom, on Barfüsserplatz. We were a party of eight and the chef/owner brought us a selection of starter dishes to suit all palettes, some of which weren’t actually on the menu. All clearly freshly made and utterly superb.

Mains were good too. Know a couple of people that have been back since and they also/still rate it highly.

OK thanks!

Bayleaf is very good, so is Bombay Palace, it’s up beyond Les Trois Rois and near University Hospital. It’s owned by Sikhs and lots of Indians eat there. The room at the back is nice, it overlooks the Rhein.

Indian Summer.

Absolutely loved it. Bit further out from the centre (nearish the zoo).

Not heard of that one before, might give it a try. There’s a bus round the corner from my apartment that drops off near the zoo, I get it to Binningen for Lidl.

I recommend that you do.

Let us know what you think after, but I hope you enjoy the same experience I had.