Cow parades / Auffahrt / Abfahrt

The cows are heading into the mountains. For the last 1.5 hours, I’ve been hearing bells from different groups of cows being herded down the road and up the Rigi.

Summer has begun.

5 Likes

Almabtrieb here is one of my favourite times, with the cows decked out in flowers and ferns and the crowds welcoming them into the villages.

OK, but I’d like to have summer first.

5 Likes

It’s a unique spring. We’re having cherries in front of the fire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the way things are going, we may not get a summer this year. The Atlantic storms have really done a number to spring in most of western Europe.

It’s summer* on our balcony. Time for a grill… :slightly_smiling_face:

*granted, my definition of summer has been adjusted to the local expectations.

2 Likes

Indeed!

2 Likes

A serious person! Proper meat. We grilled only Wiedikerli and cervelas (and some zucchini, bell peppers) yesterday but the season is open now.

1 Like

Genau. I love a good Wiedikerli with some mustard and a Beer. On the steak topic, Spain is one of the most underestimated culinary destinations. This was a Spanish txuleton from a retired dairy cow. Fantastic…beefy, textured, tender, but not mushy as most other beef tends to get sometimes.

1 Like

Does that kill weeds?

I am not so sure Spain is underestimated as a culinary destination. It depends on the tourists and the kind of tourism they practice. I think those who know, know.

1 Like

Maybe 30 min less of cooking time and all good. I’m team medium rare :sweat_smile:

This is / was medium rare. Its’ a very thick cut, sous vide 52c then finished with butter on the planca. No gravy needed :slight_smile:

2 Likes