Ev Wall Box recommendation and install

Looking to get 11 or 22kw one installed outside the house Very limited and expensive options from TCS , primeo energy etc…

Galaxus has loads but I heard that German ones aren’t always compatible with Swiss regulations.

Any recommendations and experience to share?

Maybe this was already covered on the old forum but could not see anything here in search

Thanks

Are you certain you need 11kw? You don’t mention your battery size but if you daily drive is less than 100 km you should be able to make do with normal 220v mains power.

We charge during cheap power times (23h-6h) up to a max of 80% and never in 3 years failed to reach this target. Should we need to do a full charge quickly we have a couple of commercial stations nearby.

When we got quotes the minimum was 1k francs. We have found we don’t need a fast charger.

Tesla wall boxes are of course compatible with all European vehicles (type 2 connector). I ordered the wall box direct from Tesla and their website has a list of approved installers, I got a quote from one nearby and they actually charged about 10% below their quote as the job was easier than the initially thought.

You will need a 3-phase supply to achieve 11kW and I doubt 22kW is available or necessary for a domestic A/C connection. Or that many cars can take 22kW on A/C.

I usually charge my Tesla at 4kW (selected in the car) to ensure the power comes from our solar panels, not the grid. My partner’s iD3 has only two settings - full or reduced.

Wall box CHF550 installation CHF1,900.

Not totally related to wall boxes but with electrical goods in general, Galaxus is not allowed to sell items which don’t meet the relevant Swiss regulations.

Definitely need 11kw as it’s an etron, but you’re right 22kW is overkill. We have three phase already so my thinking was that the electrical wiring is the most expensive part so future proof with 22kW