Lausanne bin police

In an effort to keep areas clean, they tried smaller bins under the table inbetween the two sets of seats on the s-bahns. What happened is that people stuffed those bins with paper (20-minute) and bottles. Result is that they got full very often and often would not close → bump against knees. So, they got rid of them.

What happens now? It used to be custom not to eat (or possibly also drink) on the trains. Now, i see people regularly eating, drinking on the trains (take away seems to be much more popular). People ‘accidentally’ leave their trash on the tables, which end on the floor … pity!

I was wondering why they don’t provide per-seat coffee cup holder, a simple hole in the armrests, something like this

IMO it’ll reduce the amount of accidental spills making the area cleaner

Coffee? Naw, a nice one that holds a 50cl beer. Probably too difficult to clean. Where did you find that portable one?

I saw a video last year of someone eating a fondue in a tram.

If you want to try this yourself then the FEPPO Cordless Electric Fondue Pot Set

:joy: nice holder. Good idea - but, but, a) those velcro strapped units will get taken almost immediately! I know I could use it on my ‘office chair’ (not that I would steal any).

But more importantly, they would have to go through Swiss engineering, safety review, longivity studay, cleaning process, installation, maintenance, in-field study, may be even voting (?) etc. etc. The usual Swiss thing. Each would end up costing CHF 5000+ :slight_smile:

Is that a thing? I take the train almost every day and I can’t remember the last time I saw drink spillage. Not even that much in the way of litter.

1 Like

i see that quite often in zurich, specially dring morning commute - croissant crumbs, spilt youghert, etc

just an example from google image search, perhaps you can use https://images.google.com/ it you’re interested in this particular model

ok, googled for you Amazon.com: Wheelchair Cup Holder for Armrests – Nearly Universal OH for Power Chairs, Mobility Scooters & Stadium Seats – No-Clamp Adjustable Strap-On Drink Holder - Removable Beverage Holder - Black : Baby

Maybe there’s something in the tap water of Lausanne: