The fashion for barrel leg trousers

Seriously are any ladies actually wearing these monstrosities?

I remember first time round, I had 2 pairs one denim and one lime green ( :nauseated_face:) back in 1980. Young men were wearing them as well. When I think back now I looked like a bandy legged cowboy character, my brother said I looked like Coco the Clown in the green ones. The fashion passed after about 6 months back then, but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere this time round.
But hell, I was 19 and didn’t care, I thought I was the bees knees at the time :laughing:

1 Like

I think a lot depends on the type of fabric (stiff canvas/denim or billowy and soft), what you wear on top, and the shoes you pair them with.

Probably harder to dress them on a shorter person than a tall person.

2 Likes

I’ve seen so many fashion articles on them of late I don’t think they look good on anyone tbh. I really don’t like this “ugly clothes for women” movement that seems to have been going on in the past few years.

You should see me out on a dog walk, in that case - fashion icon!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Give me boot-cut Levis any day. Wish we still have the kind you lay in the bathtub and then wore them until dry, to shrink them to size!

I prefer bootcut as they make my thighs look thinner. However, I’m getting a membership for a medical gym next week so perhaps I’ll streamline them :crossed_fingers:

I had to google it! It’s a pant, two of them, a pair… what’s the fuss?

The unflattering shape. They’re just not very nice and make your legs look weird, if you’re already short they look horrendous.

2 Likes

Sorry, not seen in 30 years: foto.

Let me break out my Zoot-suit.

Finally! No more leggings!

What, flares are back??

I knew they’d be back, they’re in the attic - hope they still fit…

1 Like

It’s a summer thing,right?

In general, I’ve seen that the young (Zs) tend to wear more loose trousers, while millenials tend to skinny ones.

I sorta like leggings, not for myself mind you.