US pension application: reporting of foreign pensions

I'm in the process of applying for my US pension based on a number of years of employment in the US. Form SSA380 is the form required to report foreign pensions in order to determine whether the US pension is to be reduced according to the Windfall Elimination Provisions (WEP). Does anyone know whether the reporting requirement applies to Swiss 2nd and 3rd pillar pensions?

It's for the totalization/ coordination with state pensions, such as Swiss Säule 1.

How do I do that? I am vested in US SS syeterm as I did enough quarters before moving here.




I started by applying for a US pension from the Swiss authorities. This will be the office that relates to your Swiss pension depending on where you reside in Switzerland. Ultimately the US application will be be sent to the office in Geneva where foreign pensions are handled, . Even though they only provided contact addresses, the Swiss should apparently be involved if you need further assistance.

For residents in Switzerland, the US office to contact is

[email protected]

US Embassy
Federal Benefits Unit/ SSJ/CR
4 Avenue Gabriel
75382 Paris cedex 8

The form to fill out is the “Application for benefits under a U.S. international social security agreement”…/ssa2490bk.pdf