Vet Recommendations Thread (English speaking Veterinarians)

It’s frustrating when a pet is sick or due for its annual checkup, but communication with the vet is an issue. Have you found a practice with English friendly staff?

Please share recommendations for clinics where language isn’t a barrier, whether for medical visits when a pet is ill or routine checkups. Include:

1. Location (i.e., Nyon, VD)
  2. Clinic name
  3. Contact info (i.e., website, phone, etc…)
  4. Brief review of your experience

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

1. Morges, VD
  2. Cabinet de Prévention Vétérinaire w/ Dr. Arnaud Jouve
  3. www.cpvet.ch
  4. English Fluent staff and veterinarian. We’ve been taking our golden retriever to Dr. Jouve for yearly checkups, vaccines, and any minor ailments. For the past year, he has provided gentle, attentive care. Dr. Jouve takes time to listen during appointments and clearly explains our dog’s condition. We appreciate his compassionate approach and recommend him highly.
  1. Etoy, VD
  2. Vetmidi
  3. www.vetmidi.com
  4. English friendly staff. This is more of an animal hospital than a clinic just for preventative care. They are really friendly and some of their staff do speak English if needed. The hospital has everything you might need if your pet has an accident, like x-ray, overnight care, etc.

Not used yet but recently recommended to me and hopefully useful for anyone in the Zug area:

https://www.tierarzt-dr-rohdewald.ch - near the train station in Oberwil, ‘highly recommended’ by a frequent poster and seconded as a ‘brilliant vet’ by another frequent poster on the original vet thread.

1 Like

Also recommended by another local was www.myvets.ch in Cham

1 Like
  1. Seefeld, Zurich
  2. Kleintierpraxis Mühlebach
  3. Unsere Praxis - Kleintierpraxis Mühlebach GmbH
  4. Very friendly and efficient vet practice in Zurich Seefeld, that speak English.
1 Like
  1. Bülach, ZH
  2. VetTrust Kleintierpraxis Bülach
  3. VetTrust Kleintierpraxis Bülach
  4. So far had a great experience, also helped me understand all the logistics. Great English everywhere. They have other branches (we’ve used Zurich Ost as well who were also great).
2 Likes
  • Bellinzona, Ticino
  • TiVet (aka TiVet Moesa)
  • Veterinari - tiVETmoesa
  • 0041 918250303
  • Marcus is the vet who speaks English here, and he has seen Zola (labrador) on 4 or 5 occasions for various things. He is extremely kind and caring (Zola is a very anxious patient and his efforts to keep the environment calm and quiet for her were very much appreciated), and will investigate symptoms fully to find the problem. I really recommend him!
2 Likes

Well hope you went on a Tuesday or a Thursday to Dr Digenti (my daughter :grinning:) her English is perfect.
With a geordie mam how could it be otherwise :sweat_smile:

2 Likes