You know you don’t have to give her actual name don’t you? They’re not going to demand to see her birth certificate to verify it. You can use any random made up name, you just have to remember what you used in case you need it in the future.
I already messed up Facebook that way. They wanted my birth date to recover the password and I could not remember what I did put in. Until my only friend on Facebook, the guy who sold me his motorbike and to see the fotos I made a Facebook account, wished me a happy birthday on some date. It got to me by e-mail. Tried that date and it worked…
Let me guess. August 1st? Or would it be Oct 10th?
From “looking to” to “actually done something” is quite a looooong way…
Fully agree. There are, however, more signs that the administration is at least having more meetings about it than they used to.
The topic was also covered by the the NZZ am Sonntag:
Ein Sprecher der Bundeskanzlei bestätigt: «Die Bundesverwaltung strebt an, ihre Abhängigkeit von Microsoft schrittweise und langfristig zu reduzieren.»
(Source)
One can always setup windows with a local account
https://www.howtogeek.com/836157/how-to-use-windows-11-with-a-local-account/
Definitely Oct 10th, mental health day.
And Cuba independence day!
But the CH keyboard is the best. Have you thought about IoT?
Laptop with a CH kbd would make the procurement easier. But i need to use the special characters needed for unix command line activities. US kbd does not require use of the “shitf” or “alt-ger” keys as much as CH kbd does.
If I do find a really suitable laptop as in nicely configured with memory and storage, I might even consider buying it and replacing the CH kbd with a US kbd.
Can’t you reconfigure the keyboard using Microsoft PowerToys Keyboard Manager or utilities like SharpKeys or KeyTweak?
I prefer ISO keyboard layout to ANSI. Whatever language is on ISO, I anyway change to UK layout as that is what I’m used to.
I think I even have a Slovakian language keyboard as it was available cheap! ![]()
Re-configuring ISO keyboard to ANSI is a hit and miss. I mostly dislike the small left shift, but sometimes when you remap the additional key next to Z to be additional shift (so muscle memory doesn’t have issues) the actual ‘-’ key (second to the left from backspace) also becomes shift ![]()
Like a time warp? https://youtu.be/YC1E8yVJIS4
Sounds like you need something like a simple way to remap your keyboard. I have several set up for different languages/uses, just takes a couple of button presses to switch. Try pressing Win+space bar.
<sidles innocently away, whistling>
I hate not having the |\ key left of shift and not having #~ key in place of the long enter. I toyed with the idea of creating my own keyboard layout replacing the large enter key with single rows to create extra keys but figured, it would be too annoying if I couldn’t replicate it on my laptop.
I don’t care about the enter change, but the small left shift require moving left hand off home position every time to press it whilst the normal ANSI left shift is accessible by pinky (obviously enter, backspace, and the few extra keys to the right require movement off home position, but it doesn’t matter if that’s ANSI or ISO, equally bad)
Left shift shouldn’t require moving off home row. As I test now, I have fingers on ‘sdf’ keys and pinky on left shift.
can’t do that on ISO keyboard. On ANSI I just curl pinky to reach it as the Shift edge is right below A, however on ISO I have to move the hand “one key to the left” otherwise I’d need to have some supernatural ability to stretch pinky sideways ( as a matter of fact I can do this but only horizontally, so I can reach Caps-Lock, but reaching ISO Shift would require curl+stretch sideways which is impossible)